Friday, January 31, 2014

Four Starters

For starters; I just gotta say, cheap delicious wine is always awesome. If you haven't tried Oak Leaf wine - it's a must. #walmart

For the past 4 years approximately, I decided to start producing music. Took a few classes- 82 credits plus an Internship to be exact, yet I never completed an actual #degree in anything.

I just wanted to learn.
 
I took the classes that sounded the most interesting, and before I knew it, I was really close to achieving an AA in Music Performance and Business from ACC. A community college, which I'll admit, I'll mutter some mean things to myself for considering this an accomplishment, #pretentious

Don't get me wrong, I had some amazing professors that completely changed my life and gave me a view on not only #music, but an insight on living our own definitions of #success.

I'll never forget what my Music History teacher said...

"Don't let school get in the way with your #education.
Don't let school get in the way with your #education."

It struck a chord with me. I was two classes away from receiving my Associates #Degree, but I didn't feel like I was really headed toward any sense of #accomplishment.

I took the time to make the grades, work full-time, maintain a crazy girlfriend here and there (don't get me started...); everyone thought I doing great and on the road to #success.

They were wrong.

The day was March 17th, 2013. I was working overnight on Aisle 3 as a grocery stocker for #HEB Grocery.

I looked right at my coworker, dead in the eye and said...

"Luis, I really wanna quit school but I don't know if it's just the drugs."

He laughed as he knew I was being serious. I was known for taking a lot of psychedelics in my day, so my perspective on things was....different than others.

My idea of #success, wasn't a degree.
It wasn't #money.
It wasn't #fame or fortune.
Women or #power.

It was knowledge and wisdom.

I find myself questioning my everyday decisions, but all I can really do is look up, have #faith, and ask this Universe for #Wisdom

~Eric Rolled On

No comments:

Post a Comment